1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 1875 spreading thin

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Detroitdan, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

If anyone is wondering, the 1875 will throw mix. I slung a 4 to 1 mix today like it was nothing. Only problem I had is probably operator error. I couldn't seem to get the thing adjusted to where I was throwing enough mix to even show up on the ground. I slowed the spinner way down and sped up the auger, but I still had to crawl at a walking pace and go over it twice to show up like I thought it should. Maybe some of it was because of the 3/4 inch of snow that it was sinking into, it showed up better in my tire tracks. I got out and watched it and it rolls down the chute nice, don't see a problem there. Not jammed up or anything. I did go through two hoppers of mix so it isn't like I'm not feeding any. Just got to get used to it I guess. Would have been fine if it were salt, but wasn't enough really to give much traction, at least not until I went over it again really slow.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im having problems setting my Boss tailgate and I only have the speed control. It seems like you're emptying the thing in minutes or not putting enough down. You're not the only one in that boat.