1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 1875 please help

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dirtmandan2, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

looking at buying a used snow ex 1875... problem is that the spinner shaft is bent. is this a replacement item or do i need the transmission also? ive searched the internet and cant find an answer. any help would be great.

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You must replace the tranny; that's the only way they are sold. If you have the know-how, you can straighten the shaft, but it must be true. I've bent four of them! I'm selling my 1875 if you need one. Has a new tranny!

3. dirtmandan2

if you've got an extra tranny i'll buy one from you... who's the cheapest ? so far bout $320.00 is what ive found... how hard is this to change? i bought the spreader this morning and am going to pick it up early next week...

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

CPW is the cheapest I've seen. What did you pay for the 1875?

5. dirtmandan2

i paid $450 for the spreader w/ the pivot mount, all controls, vibrator... looks very nice just that bent shaft...going to take it apart and try having it straightened if not ill buy the new tranny...

6. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You got a great deal if everything works.