1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow ex 1875 differences

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by rebert, Feb 2, 2015.

1. rebert

rebert Senior Member

Was wondering what if any differences are between a unit that was made in 2012 vs 2014/15.. I just bought a brand new one from central parts and was disappointed to find the serial # decal says if was mfg in 12'. I know on the web site it says it has a nylon spinner but Wnat else? Thanks.

2. Ukisuperstar

Ukisuperstar Junior Member

bulk pro 1875 should have a metal spinner

3. MikeA5150

MikeA5150 Member

Don't know the difference but I had a 1875 sand pro same unit just older name for years and it was the best tailgate spreader I've ever been around. Ran bulk salt, it was a beast.

4. rebert

rebert Senior Member

Thanks guys, I called snow ex and asked them about it and the confirmed it should have a steel spinner. I brought it to there attention on there web site they advertise it with nylon/urethane one they sent me one! Great customer servicewesport

5. mtxz453

mtxz453 Junior Member

I just picked one up myself. Have you used yours yet? What are you running through it?

6. rebert

rebert Senior Member

I've used it twice so far but, seams to work real nice, can really throw some salt. Only thing so far I noticed is I wish you could could turn the spinner all the way down till it stops with the dial instead of having to switch it on and off if you need to pull forward and back up. Both time were with bagged material.