1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 110

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by woodsman, Feb 15, 2011.

1. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

picked one of these at the home depot on sale for 1/2 price of 289.00. I have it hooked up but have not used it yet. are these units any good?? why does it not come with a lid??. It says it only spreads pellets not rock salt, has anyone tried rock salt??. I will be using it in the am and will repor back with results.

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

lets us know what it spreads, and how it spreads........good luck
  3. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

It most likely will not spread rock salt. It's a gravity fed unit, meaning the material flows from gravity. Your spreader will need a vibrator or an auger to spread rock salt. Rock salt takes on moisture and that makes the salt clump, stick, and get compacted.
  4. lawnsunlimited6

lawnsunlimited6 Junior Member
    from 42303

the 210 model has auger and works pretty good if you use bagged salt I havent heard any one that likes the gravity feed models in any brand.