1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 1075 x problems

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by brenster, Jan 17, 2016.

1. brenster

brenster Junior Member

I have a new 1075 x and it seemed okay at first kinda .. but now when it starts up it only runs at 10 speed and the dial control is non-responsive .. I can "blast" but the thing won't run at variable speeds .. it just goes to 10 ... and it stays there .. and as I said . I can hear it pick up when I "blast" but now I am worried is the thing even going to work when I get product into it ? .

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Warranty?.....

3. brenster

brenster Junior Member

yes .. probably ... i am thinking maybe it's something i can do .. i get a EO code .. which is power .. and its not like i am not getting any power .. the thing is running .. and it will blast .. but .. it's not letting me have anything between 10 and 99 .

4. brenster

brenster Junior Member

i went to a dealer today .. they did a load test and said my battery was crap .. so i went to Auto Zone and had them swap out the battery and it did not correct the problem

5. brenster

brenster Junior Member

the dealer doesn't want to send me a controller because if i was there in PA where they are I could just bring it in to the shop .. but since I am in Raleigh he says I will have to buy another control .. the local dealer says that there is a back order on the part but the factory says they stock the part so I don't know what is going on .

6. brenster

brenster Junior Member

could this be the problem

this is my control unit under the hood .. it looked a little banged up when i got it out of the box .. could that be my problem ? I need the spreader for the weekend storm .. somebody help a guy out . i suspect the controller .. but this thing looks tired too .. anyway .. it is out of the box new ...

snowexbadpart2.jpg

7. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

That capacitor is toast I'm guessing. Any luck I had with dented crushed capacitors!

8. brenster

brenster Junior Member

capacitor ..

yea .. there are two of them that to me look dented .. i didn't do it .. I got this thing right out of the box and this was what I got .. I wonder if i hook up my old harness and controller .. the 1075 old controller and harness will run the 1075 x correct ?

9. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=145958