1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Ex 1075 vs 1575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dieselboy01, Nov 13, 2012.

1. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I've been talking to my local dealer about getting a tailgate salter and I have narrowed it down to these two. I'm still a little on the fence about which one to get. There is a $800 difference between them. I was told the 1075 will only do bag salt which is what I will mostly be using and the 1575 will spread anything. The 1075 has a capacity of 10 cu ft and the 1575 is 5.75 cu ft. I have been looking into bulk salt but really have no place to store it right now. A friend in the snow biz told me I can use some of his bulk salt ( 5gal buckets whenever I need it at little to no charge to me) I think if I was getting free bulk salt that would make up the difference in price between the two. I just don't know if it's worth the extra $800 for a smaller capacity spreader that can spread cheaper salt. I'd like to get your thoughts before I spend some money. Thanks in advance!
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

An 1075 will spread bulk salt, you just need a vibrator for it. I think I payed 250$ for mine maybe 300.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you're gonna spend the money on the 1575, just grab the 1875. Almost as big as the 1075 and has the separate auger. It's real nice having the separate auger because it give ya more control.
  4. dieselboy01

The 1575 has a separate auger also. I looked at the 1875 but I don't have the money for that right now. That salter was around $500ish more then the 1575. I know that's not much when spending a few grand.
  5. dieselboy01

I made up my mind and I picked up the Snow Ex 1075 with the swing away mount today. I figured it would be best because I will be mostly using bag salt anyway.