1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 1075 salt spreader problems

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by pvtben121, Nov 28, 2010.

1. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

once we put the new pivot bar in that mounts the spreader to the truck i cleaned all the connections up with carb cleaner. plugged everything up went in the truck and hit the switch and it says EO. so i test for power at the back of the truck i got power then i plugged that back in and test for power were the motor is and i have power there
    so i kick the spinner manually and it spins but still will not work from the contoller/
    Any ideas anyone?

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I had a SnoEx controller on a different spreader and it does basically thing. Everything is powered up but if I would put more than 3 bags of salt in the controller doesn't work and the controller beeps and says EO. I basically gave up using the dial and had to keep it on blast to get it to work. My guess is the controller is junk.

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

call your dealer

Contact your local dealer. They will be able to help you.

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I basically had the same problem and found that the connection between the spreader and harness isn't all that great....When I play around with it I can get it to work. I plan on switching to Anderson Connectors in the near future.

5. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

well thanks but we are gonna sell it tired of snow exs top dollar pricing

6. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

Same thing happened to me, I cleaned the rear connector and it has worked fine since.

7. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Yes, we recommend checking your connections when you get an EO code. And using dielectric grease may help reduce your problems.

8. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

snowex tailgate spreaders do this often seems they can't pulse the spinner if salt gets packed in there even if you have just driven a short distance to your jobsite.

The solution to this problem besides having to jump outa the truck all the time and give the spinner a little spin then jumping back into the truck :(.

I put a vibrator on the 1075 on the side that faces the truck. place it low and put a steel plate on the inside of the spreader. Bolt her down with stainless steel bolts and lock washers. Now I just hit the vibrator switch in the warm cab and then adjust the speed controler and even if she is stuck for a few seconds she quickly becomes unstuck and starts to spread. This will also allow you to run bulk salt and save a little money.

Here is a really great deal on a vibrator unit. I just bought one of these as my Karier z-80 died after one season.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170569271554&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT