1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow ex 1075? performance?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by frndinalowplace, Oct 1, 2007.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

I am looking into buying a snowex 1075. Any problems with them? any mods you have done to them make them perform better? maintance tips? Yes I have searched, just looking for some fresh input.
    Any advice welcome. Thanks
    Dan.

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I ran 60000#s threw a 10 year old unit last season with out a hitch. By mid January I purchased a Salt Dogg so the 1075 sat for the rest of the season. This unit is on my back up truck now.
    Just make sure the bottom motor cover of the unit can drain, do not seal it tight. Fluid film the crap out of the motor and wiring under the motor cover as well. I used stainless sheet metal screws to hold the motor cover on so I can remove it in the spring and fall.

I did blow a couple fuses after driving with a full hopper (so keep spare fuses on hand for the spreader, this applies to any brand spreader). Thats when I found the water in the bottom wiring and motor compartment. After that was repaired I didnt blow anymore fuses.
    If you need a wiring harness or a controller buy only Karrier. You wont have any problems with fuses blowing with them and the controllers are the best.
    The older 1075's had 10 or 12 (cant remember) gauge wiring harness's, the newer units were 8 gauge. If your just wiring a truck I would sugest the Karrier harness or at least upgrade to 8 gauge if you have an older harness. The parts are all interchangeable with the 575 so If you have spare stuff for those you are set.
    Good luck, and Happy Salting payup

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

Thank you for you advice. I was throwing the idea around of purchasing a salt dogg. Just not what I need [yet]. There is one on ebay I am looking at for a good price, it is also close to me.