1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-Ex 1075 for sale.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jerry b., Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I have a Snow-Ex 1075 hopper, motor, and frame set up to go into a 2" receiver. There is no wiring or control box with this. This set-up was on a back of a 1996 Dodge Ram Dump Truck. I sold the truck and have an EZ-8 on my new one. The hopper is in good shape and the motor worked when I took it off of the truck. The frame is dinged up and dented but I would assume that whoever buys it will not have a need for the frame. I got pics below. I am asking $175.00 for it. If you are interested please post and I will give you my contact info.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

how much to ship to amsterdam, ny 12010. very interested.

3. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I do not know but it is big, bulky and heavy and if I was to take an educated guess I would think it would somewhere in the range of $100 or more to ship. The back frame on the hopper is made out of thick steel and is very heavy. You would definately need two people to get it into the back of a pickup truck.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

well if you could get a ballpark figure on shipping and let me know. if it is reasonable I will be interested.

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

6. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

E-Mail sent to you Wkahler. Thank you for your interest.

7. scoot98758

scoot98758 Junior Member

So does the spreader work in its current state or do you know what I would need to do to get this working (as in are the bearings in good condition)? Does this come with everything needed to put onto tuck and start salting other than cables from the battery hooked up to a switch? If I wanted to fix it up and i straightened the steel do you think the plastic would pop back out? Is the plastic cracked anywhere and if so is it a small enough crack to fix with a plastic welder? Do you know the amount of salt this can hold approximately and does this have an auger?

8. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

The Meyers 1075 salt spreader is sold as of 6:30PM 12-18-2008 (Thursday). I want to thank everyone for there interest on this spreader. I had no idea it would sell this fast. Also as a sidenote here I want to thank the administrators of this website for having these forums. Both my salt spreader and the E-60 pump I put up on here sold within 2 days !!!! Incredible response by the members here. Again, thank you everyone for your interest !!!

Jerry.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Dang it anyway. I always miss out on the good deals.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Huh? what about the snow ex spreader pictured?

11. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I'm sorry there Youngpup. I could not believe that my salt spreader sold as fast as it did. I had it posted here as well as Craigslist.org and between the two I had 6 guys that were real serious about it and 4 or five others that showed some/moderate interest. Incredible !!! Again, I'm sorry to the guys that did not get a chance to get a crack at it but I went in order of contacts from first to last and just went down the list. I think that was the fair way to do it since I figured that I'd be lucky to get a couple hits for something that was old and used.

12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I will some more that is for sure. Glad it sold quick for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.