1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow event for wed. thur.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

I just got an update that said a good chance of a snow event coming up east coat wed. night & thurs. They also said 12 to 15 hr. snow event.

LET IT SNOW:drinkup:

TIM C

2. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

how many times do you think they'll change the forcast before now and then ? I think we have a better chance of forcasting the weather by flipping a coin. :rolleyes: Would be nice though, I also say that on the weather.

3. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Have to agree with LGG, lets try to wait a couple of days for this to take shape then maybe :nod: and then payup .

4. Tim C

Tim C Member

Always think possitive .. If you think negitive no snow no money.Lets all do a snow dance go to:sleeping: and see what happens . almost like a snow lottery. My bets are for a plowable event.

LET IT SNOW Tim C:drinkup:

5. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Send all snow to Alaska. We havn't had jack squat yet. This is getting old. 40's and 50's. You'd think I was living in southern Ohio or something. We are usually plowing by Halloween. Not this year. Only rain so far. Seems like I have the NE's weather pattern of last year. Bummed.:realmad:

6. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

I'm still so bummed out by last year weather guessers that I will only take the day before forecast and thats not too close all the time either. But I still get a little amped when they are calling for snow 4-5 days away. But I won't bet on anything anymore.

7. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

At this point....snow melting and allowing us to continue any type of clean-up work looks nill. Let it snow...I am $4000 shy of gross sale goal for the year and have about $1000 of minor tree work to do.

8. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

This explains why I saw a whole bunch of trucks running around the North Shore with plows on Sunday they must be eager! I was wondering if I had missed something.

9. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Maverick,

You are right on the mark.....

When you get some, send it south.

Only thing we have had is FOG, and more FOG

Did get to de-ice one day due to freezing fog.

Mom use to say "Patience is a virtue", but patience is
    starting to run out.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

people are starting to put there plows on around here. i hope it does snow. for the most part i am done leaf jobs, might have one more big one but thats it. other then that im done. im ready for the snow.

11. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I think I'll give Madam Cleo a call and see what she thinks about this up and coming event. She has just as good or better shot of getting it right..

Mark

12. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

I think i'll put my plow on when i see some snow on the ground rather than getting all geared up based on the weatherguessers.

13. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I hope for snow but can't be to sure, that last "storm" didn't leave anything.

14. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Monsterplow, Here are a few pics of last winter.

Pic of plow.

plowpic1.jpg

15. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Plow pic #2

plowpic2.jpg

16. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Skyline pics

thompsonpass.jpg

17. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

One more

skyline.jpg

18. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Our plow trucks (Alaska's).

plowtruck1.jpg

19. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Last one. The median on the left is an accual snowfall of around 6-7 ft.

plowtruck2.jpg

20. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

looks to be a mid eightys freightliner. Pretty sweet looking rig.

Jay