1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Estimating Software

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by MikeM, Sep 6, 2005.

1. MikeM

MikeM Junior Member

Has anyone used the Snow Estimating Software by GIE? I have been working on it trying different scenarios and I have been having much trouble with it. Has anyone had any luck with the program,and if so, what did you do to get it working properly with halfway resonable pricing?

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I just purchased it too and am having trouble with it as well. They should have made it easier to use.

3. MikeM

MikeM Junior Member

I called the company and they said that they are correcting some of the problems that other users are encountering. They said that they would be sending and updated version the anyone who has purchased the software. That was about 2 weeks ago and they said the new software update should be ready.

4. aandlandscape

aandlandscape Junior Member
    from Mi

software

Should i order this software from gie or not any input before i spend the mony should i or not

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't this the software developed by the guy who almost went bankrupt and wouldn't pay many of his subs until just recently? The only reason he avoided bankruptcy was because another large organization bought him out? And they just finally paid the last 25% of the 75% they promised the contractors?

PS Sorry I can't mention names, I was told not to.

6. Mike Smallwood

Mike Smallwood Junior Member

Estimating software

I used to work for that unmentioned compnay and I tested that program before it came out, If anyone needs help drop me a line and i'll do what i can.

Mike Smallwood
    lawncare1101@comcast.net

7. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Bump.....Anybody still using this? Opinions? worth the money?

8. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Haven't used the software too much yet. It still is a little hard to figure out but it will be great when i figure the whole program out.

9. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

have you got the update yet? I think I'm going to call and ask for it. I'm still having problems with it.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe they only send 25% at a time over a 2 year period and you only end up with a total of 75% of the prorgram at the end.

I noticed on my last e-mail from the company selling this, that it is non-refundable, sort of makes me wonder why. :confused: :confused:

11. kyle volz

kyle volz Member
    from Midwest

Check out the snow manual Sean has on this site for sell. This manual takes all the guess work out of bidding and estimating job cost for your snow & ice removal service. The template CD includes a sample contract as well as many other forms you will find helpful and accurate regardless of your company size. The information shared in this manual does work and is accurate. Stop guessing at what the market will bear and understand how to dertermine cost, apply profit and sell value, not cost. I have been using this manual and CD and it does work. It's not to late to implement this year.
    :drinkup: