1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Equipment and Parts Vendors

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by Nashotah7, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Nashotah7

Nashotah7 Junior Member

Where are you guys buying your equipment and parts? Where have you found the best deals?

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Generally I buy from local shops, but there are quite a few vendors if you look on plowsite from a computer,also use the search option

3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

A lot depends on what brand plow or equipment your running, and the type of part. Need more info.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

depends on what you're looking for. As said, more info would help.

5. Nashotah7

Nashotah7 Junior Member

Well.......everything, plow blades, tires, lights, fluids, ect. Is there a better place to buy......say scrapper edges? Carbides? Strobe lights? What have you found?

6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

What is a scrapper edge? I always buy new ones from a supplier they run about 110-130 for a 7'6" blade

7. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I think by the guys saying more info they mean the size and brand name of the plow in question

8. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Bingo. Also, are you buying for a fleet or do you own one plow? Your not going to buy one 10' edge off the internet and have it shipped to you like a shirt off Amazon. Usually it's more cost effective to buy municipal size parts from a local dealer or buy in bulk.