1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dumps filling up

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by nosnownogo, Mar 2, 2008.

1. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

2 snow dumps in the general area filling up

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

what is that place in the summer? those mountians must take 4-6 months to melt
  3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I remember in saner times you could dump snow in the Hudson River by me.A buddy of mine was pushing it off with a D8,got a little carried away getting too close to the water and did an oopsy.Yeah,another stupid reg from the Bureau of A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and F_ _ _ ups---no more dumping snow in the river.
  4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures. That is a hell of alot of snow. That place is going to be a river all in its own. I bet those streets will be under water.
  5. roadking88

roadking88 Member

that's nuts you'll need a canoe in the spring for all that mess lol...
  6. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

The first 2 pictures are of a new dump space along side the road near st hubert airport .Behind the piles there is housing this was once military housing for the air base . Lots of large deep ditches just at the end of that street that over flow during the normal winter snow .This is one to watch.
    The three other shots are of a municipal snow dump that has been there since 1987 .There is residential
    housing , and a pump station to the left and a small Canadian National train yard behind .There will still be small black mounds of crud in june .
  7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Cool pics.
    Those first 2 pictures are practically in my back yard. Ok 2 miles away, and its actually not even a snow dump. The dumps were full, so they picked that area for emergency dumping. They dumped load after load on the road and then blew the snow into these huge mountains. The reason there are spaces between them, is because of the light poles. There will be environmental issues come this spring.
  8. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Oh my god! In 04 we made a dump site out of a parking lot that was not being used. It was not even comparable with one of those piles! Im not worthy!
  9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hahha my biggest pile this year i could push over with my hand...:cry:
  10. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

you shouldnt push snow into the rivers, there tons of chemicals and crap all over the roads, its not good in the river- good thing they banned it-
  11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

crazy high piles. I remember a few weeks ago they were on the news talking about the snow over there. They had an avalanch on the snow bank and had to dig out 3 dump trucks.
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

So none of the water from those piles in the pictures ever goes into a river?
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

You could make a snow tubing resort there lol
  14. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

who dumps there? is it only city/state or can any one go and dump? is there a charge to dump or like a dump sticker lol. thats pritty cool.
  15. nosnownogo

nosnownogo Member

the dump trucks were dug out in quebec city

The pictures are the city of longueuil who run these dump sites for snow removed from city streets
    They have just about filled up the main dumps and are now puting snow on city land on the side of streets
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah we dont have that problem here......wash the truck on monday it was 68:D
  17. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

they need one of those semi trailer snow melters.....
  18. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

That will take until the beginning of next winter to melt! Thats insane.
  19. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

not with one of these:

can melt up to 1440 cubic yards per hour....
  20. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I really don't get it with the snow melters, do you just flood the lot from the runoff. What if it's to cold and it just freezes back up before it goes anywhere?:dizzy: