1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dominator, incredible, thank you.

Discussion in 'THE SNOWPLOW Snow Pushers / Shovel Discussion' started by Jakedaawg, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I bought one othese dominators online from the company. It got delivered before the tracking number could catch up.

Simply the best shovel I have ever had. I got the truck stuck today. Buddy came by to pull me out. I had left the shovel under the truck. Still a shovel. Incredible.

It chops ice. Scoops great. Has a great lenght handle. It has done things that break every other shovel I have owned. Even chopping ice in -10 F, not brittle-no cracks or breakage.

Thanks so much, wish I bought two.
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

A good shovel is a shovel I don't have to use it
  3. chris pitkin

chris pitkin Junior Member

We had 5 of our 10 break this winter - don't bother contacting the company about any kind of warranty - they are very difficult to work with.
  4. chris pitkin

5. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

What broke on them? What did the company do as far as warranty? Or say ?
  6. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

I see no warranty, backing available with these. What failed on the shovel ?

I've had great success and dealings with the Snow Plow company. I have currently bought and used (3) 30" snow pushers and (2) dominators. They are by far the best shovels I have owned. I had a dominator fail due to sun rot, the shovel got brittle sitting on the deck all winter in direct sun. I ordered a replacement and they miss shipped my order and sent me another dominator for free complete to make things right. I never called or complained about the miss ship and contacted them when my order was received and I relizedthat they had sent me extra parts and a complete shovel. They said that was for their mistake. Since then I have purchased the same set up for my father and raves about the shovels also.
    Just my experience and I hope your experience with them improve or gets rectified. I definitely recommend them.

7. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

I purchased one of the 24" pushers and the Dominator this past winter and they have worked great. They seem to be very durable so far.
  8. gman2310

gman2310 Senior Member

If anyone wants to hear about their warranty and customer service pm me, that way it's not deleted and you can hear an honest opinion
  9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

The rest of there shovels are great but the dominator sucks. $15 or $20 version from home depot is better. Dominator looks to be made out of a cheap plastic. You are just paying for the fiberglass handle. Mine busted shoveling frozen salt out of pick up box in the cold.
  10. chris pitkin

We have had a problem with the heads/scoops cracking - they crack in the middle of the cutting edge, crack on the sides when you lift snow, and crack on the top - we even had one crack in half - right down the middle

We have about 30 of their shovels - the original is a great shovel - the Dominator head lacking - they changed the head a bit in the last year or two - probably because they were having problems - although they probably wouldn't admit it

We purchased two heads earlier this winter - I assumed my guys were being hard on them - then 4 more cracked - so 6 out of 10 - they said that they were over 3 years old - we had them a year or two - very reluctantly he sent me two heads

I thought they had a lifetime warranty - that is what I was told originally - their web site doesn't say that - at least anymore - I can't remember if it ever said that

He kept saying if it lasts two years we should be happy - maybe we should - they're not cheap shovels - but at least you can just replace parts

I'm ok with two year - I'm not ok with how this guy views his customers - there's a reason they don't have a phone number to call them on their web site - although he called me at 10pm at night from what I think is a cell phone

Long story short - the original shovel is great - the scoop, not so much or at least not now - poor customer service
  11. chris pitkin

yep - that sums it up
  12. thesnowplow.com

thesnowplow.com Junior Member
    from 50525

Sums it up?

We sent you free replacement heads as promised and you called back the next day wanting more? couldn't even tell us when or where you bought them? Sounds like a bad customer not bad customer service.

To top it off you recommend China alternatives, too funny. I guess I will stoop to your level and recommend your customers to the nation property managers..
  13. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

The Snow pushers Rock. I have one that is very old, has metal brace arms. If they only lasted a year I would still buy them as I have never used a better shovel. I have never broken one. I have a 24 - 2 30's and a 36.

I do not buy them for a warranty. :)
    I buy them to make money and things that make money do not last forever, but so far these have worked with 0 problems for me. THANKS...............
  14. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I always love ur answers.
  15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

What are the China alternatives? You mean the $15 ones at home depot?
  16. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Since I've bought mine I've been incredibly happy. Can't justify buying a 20$ Home Depot/lowes/ace hardware or true value shovel that falls apart or snaps in half on the second or third storm. To each their own and if they work for you more power to you. 2 plus years on mine and we get plenty of heavy or ice coated snow storms in ct. Chipped and scrapped my driveway at least three times this winter with my snow pushers.

17. skylinekw

skylinekw Junior Member
    from RI

I haven't seen much about this company latkes, but surfing the net I saw this and I just ordered a dominator, a 36" snow plow, and a little helper for my 2 1/2 year old today. Then I just found this thread. Hope they have made improvements since the last post a year ago.
  18. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I have 2 dominators and a 30" snow plow, they haven't given me any problems so far. The 30" is perfect for cleaning up after the snowblower.
  19. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Ya...plastic shovels are a great tool for shoveling frozen salt:rolleyes:

We own a bunch of TheSnowPlow 24in - 36in sizes....awesome tool. The only thing we've had to do is add a couple more screws at each end of the handle.

We also own just as many Dominators...again, great tool....and we have slowly replaced cheaper shovels($7-$20range) with them because, for the money, its a better shovel all around. JMO