1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by colly1489, Dec 28, 2010.

1. colly1489

colly1489 Junior Member
    from 55042

It would be nice if my BRAND NEW snow dogg XP came off the ground more than two inches.
    Yes everything was checked but I am still waiting on a part from a week ago and have lost time and money.
    I brought my Blizzard in last week and it was fixed in less than three hours. New pump and motor.
    This has taken over a week now. I am not happy right now.
    Scott at snow dogg you can ask chris at PW how to get a hold of me.
  2. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

I don't ever like to ask questions to a person that is already mad at the world but did you take your jack out???????? My snowdogg plow has a safety in a way.... If you try to raise the plow up with the jack in it will not go up......

There is only one reason I posted this, its because my brand new dam plow wouldnt come up off the ground... You talk abou one pissed off snowdogg customer........ When I figured it out I realized how it worked.

Im no questioning you man, just trying to help ya out........

Is your jack still in?????
  3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Knowing chris I'm sure he is on top of it. In that week we had christmas so who knows how that affected parts ordering and shipping.
  4. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Yeah I hate to hear that happen to anyone. Its one of those deals where every manufacturer of any type of plow has a defective 1 right off the line. Gotta happen to somebody kinda thing.

Just like my truck. Ive always been a chevrolet fan. All the trucks Ive ever owned Ive been very impressed with but my newest 2004 chev 2500 hd has been a piece uh junk ever since the day I bought it........ But theres those guys out there that have the same truck that has been treated worse than mine and still have no issues.

Good luck bro.................... You still may want to check to make sure that safety rod (has a bolt ran through it with a jam nut for adjustment isnt aiming up and touching the bottom of your hydrolic pump) is in the down position. it should fall into non safety position when the jack is removed.

Like i said, not questioning anyone but this sounds like the same exact thing that occured with me. It was simple and made me feel like homer simpson "dohh!!!"
  5. colly1489

colly1489 Junior Member
    from 55042

snow dogg plow

Yes sir, Jack is out the stop is not stuck in the way.
    My dealer took it all apart checked the filter even put new valves and a new lift cylinder on it. Still will only go about two inches off the ground. Unless I push it up a snow pile.

Question For you, How do you like your mount?
    I have the newest xp. Which do you have?

You are Correct Chis is on top of but his hands are tied by shipping.
    He has tried all that he could. Except for harry potters wand.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

Well now dammit I thought I may have had something!!!!! LOL Thats a shame your having so much trouble. Nothing like having a bad taste in your mouth for your equipment before you even get to work with it.

Well man, to be quite honest, Ive got a 2009 model ex85 plow. Not sure if that mount is the same as yours or not. Beings Im a rookie Im having trouble hooking up the plow on my own and learning some lessons along the way..... I made a big mistake the other day............ I jacked up the plow to its neutral position and backed away from the plow. Snow came a week later, I went up and got a skid of salt..... Rookie mistake! with the front end of the truck being hiked up a bit from the load it took me a pretty good while to get her hooked up. Wont do that again. Hook plow up first.

To be honest, I prolly didnt even have any business replying to your post because i am such a newbie at the plowing business but your problem sounded so fimiliar...... LOL

Keep us posted on what the problem was. Hope you have good luck with the plow after the repair. I have had really good luck with mine so far.
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Colly- besides your issues, how are you liking the plow? I'm considering one for next season as I like the fact that its in scoop from 8' to 10' unlike the other expandables.
  8. colly1489

colly1489 Junior Member
    from 55042

snow dogg plow

To plowguy 43

I like the plow it looks bad ass on my black 10 ford. Relax I have all brands of trucks not a one truck guy.
    I do wish the scoops would angle a little bit more I am finding that I lose snow off the side a bit more than i would like to. I hate to compare but I have a blizzard also and the angle on those is great. like i said, like the plow just wish it had something to push the scoops forward more when you expand them. The mount could use some help too. But its a nice plow leaves the lot clean and turns a lot of heads.
  9. stotts1

stotts1 Member

too much slack on chains?
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice thanks for the review- I'd love to see a picture of that setup, the superduty is my favorite truck out there.
    I'm going back and forth between an XLS and the XP, but I feel like I'd need scoop in 8' "mode" because of some of the drives I do. Plus having a 10' scoop is awesome compared to 10' straight in a parking lot I plow.

I appreciate your info!
  11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I know what you're talkign about - and I'll check on the part. I'm sure the holidays slowed things down, but it should be there by now.
  12. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Who gives a Crap if the Plow Works as long as it Looks Bad Ass.....:laughing::laughing:

Good Luck with your issue....I hope all works out....:salute: