1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg v plow

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by muffy189, Aug 24, 2015.

1. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

i am for the first time considering a snowdogg vxf8.5 or the xp can anyone give me a little advice like how is the hydraulics and any pros and cons
    thank you

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I miss mine. Owned it for I believe 3 seasons before selling it with my last truck. I ended up with a Fisher and had to replace hydraulic hoses, pump, motor, harness, connector end, and after testing it out this week it has another leaking angle ram.

My Snowdogg ran without a single issue the entire length of my ownership - the only issue I had with it was a leaking hose connection because it had come loose from use on gravel roads. I had a VX95 and really want to go back to Snowdogg again.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've run a VXF 95 for two hard seasons. No issues. Did have to replace a couple of valves that "ballooned" on me and caused the wings to extend and retract slowly, but they were replaced under warranty. The mounting system on the Snowdoggs suck, but that is my only complaint. In the Spring I wire wheel the rust off the cutting edge, repaint it, and it still looks new. It's got a thicker moldboard than the other SS plows, and a larger lift cylinder. I originally ordered the XP, but then changed my mind. If I was going that route, I'd go Wideout, XLS etc, because their wings articulate and aren't forced to always be at a 20 degree angle.