1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg plow question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by waterrat1922, Dec 23, 2009.

1. waterrat1922

waterrat1922 Junior Member

I just bought a new snowdogg snow plow today from the dealer. The model is a 7 1/2 ft MD75. When they were installing the plow on my truck today everything work except the headlights on the plow. They couldn't find the problem and said it was a bad wiring harness. They said they would order a new one from snowdogg and install it for me in the future. Has anyone ever encountered this problem with a snowdogg. I was under the impression that they were a good plow. Someone told me that they my have damaged a wire in the harness when installing it. Is that possible and if anyone has any advise please post back to this.
    Thanks

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it was cheap right?

3. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

What kind of vehicle is it on? We had a few issues with Jeeps and had to make a few modifications to make them work. They should be able to hook up the toggle switch and make the lights work on any vehicle, you might ask about that.

4. waterrat1922

waterrat1922 Junior Member

The truck is a 2008 toyota tundra with 5.7 motor 4x4

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

I would think they should be able to diagnose the problem and get it fixed