1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg Plow Issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jakejorgenson, Dec 18, 2015.

1. jakejorgenson

jakejorgenson Junior Member

Left side of V plow goes out really slowly when trying to go out by itself and sometimes won't even start going out at all. If I push the button to tilt the whole plow it goes out just as fast as normal. Is this a clogged valve or something? I put in new fluid tonight and put on dielectric grease on the connections to the truck to make sure they were not the issue. What might this be and how do I fix this before our next storm? Plow is about 4 or 5 years old.
  2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

With the history of hydrolic issues snowdogg has. I would pop off the solinoid valve that is associated with the function of the wing and see if the valve screen is clogged or colapsed just to find the issue quick or rule it out. If it is clogged clean it up and it should be fine for the next snow storm. Most likely lift ram packing debris and talk to snowdogg about a replacement.

But your issue being fine tilt left/right but when the single wing goes slow doesn't really fit the hydro issue bill by the sounds of it. Almost sounds like a electric issue in the controller having a bad contact for that wing. Or a relay connection maybe having corrosion causing that wing to slow but for tilt it uses a different relay.

Hopefully Scott chimes in and points out the electrical options to check for.
  3. jakejorgenson

jakejorgenson Junior Member

Ended up being the S3 valve. I took the valve completely apart and wiped it down and checked it with a battery before and after and found that to be the issue. Never really saw much in there, but something must have been making it stick a little.