1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg Plow and Wings

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by dodgesprt00, Mar 5, 2011.

1. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

I just have to post somethings about my HD75 and the wings I purchase this year. The wings are AWSOME they were worth every penny. My dealer has also been very helpful everytime I have had a problem they made it there top priority. I have had some issues but nothing the dealer couldn't fix. The only thing i wish snow dogg would make is a metal power pack cover. I have broke three and repaired one three times. now it is just bungee chorded on till the end of the season. I Just wanted to say if you were thinking about getting the wing go get them there great.A

2011-01-17 10.43.48.jpg

2011-01-17 10.44.16.jpg

2. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Agreed, The wings have saved me so much time. I see your deflector is gone, I broke 2 and decided I didnt need it anyway. I havent broke any covers. Plow is my favorite of the 6 I have owned.

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Yes I agree about the motor cover, I have also broke the headlights at the base once and the deflector didnt break but it pushed out from the middle the bolt holes on it really should all be round not u shaped. I really should get wings I bet they would help me alot they just seem pricey

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  4. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

yeah deflector broke off about two months into plowing. Dealer has since replaced it with the rubber one. The hard plastic deflector just couldn't handle the january cold.

5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

From what I hear next year the deflectors will all be rubber when bought new

6. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

I am contemplating adding the wings to my HD75. Are they the kind that fold back behind the plow? Pretty easy install I'd assume? I haven't had any problems with my deflector, when stacking snow it bends straight back and havent had any problems yet. I would recommend the backdrag edge too, I love mine. Also, what did they get you for a pair of wings if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

7. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

The wings are a purchase you won't regret. They are the ones that fold behind the plow. that feature has come in handy several times this season. As for the install it couldn't be easier, two bolts and a U-bolt and that’s it. The mounting bracket comes off the wing with two pins so it makes installation a snap. The wings set me back only $475 at my local dealer, they wanted $525 installed but it is defiantly something you can handle yourself.
    I don't know how far your cutting edge is worn down but I would suggest purchasing a new one to install at the same time. Mine was worn away 1 1/2 inches when I installed my wings. I cut the rubber to match and now have to replace the edge and rubbers for next season.

I was wondering about the back drag blade. I do a warehouse with 12 loading docks and just can't seam to get them clean. Does it make a big difference? Doesn't snow pack into the section between the two blades?

8. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

I appreciate the feedback on the wings. Another question, can you fold them forward to make a scoop? As for my backdrag edge, I love it. It took a while for the dealer to get any in, but I was the first one to pick one up when the did arrive. It does a great job, and I haven't had any issues with the snow packing between the to blades. I keep mine held just a 1/4 inch higher than the cutting edge so it doesn't wear down.

9. bear430

bear430 Junior Member

I just looked at the picture of your truck again. I looks like you do have them folded forward to make the scoop.

10. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Hey BMAN1, I see you have the back drag blade for your HD75. I am planning on wings in the off season and am considering the backdrag blade also. Couple of questions; what did they get for the b/d blade, how thick is it, and does it use the same mounting holes as the cutting edge? thanks

11. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Just put my new Wings on my HD75! They look great, can't wait to see the snow fly and see how they work!!

12. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I just saw this question, I am not as happy with the ack blade as I thought I would be. Snow packs between both the forward and back blades and causes the blade to slide more, packing driveways down at times. I may take it off this upcoming season.

13. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Hey Dodgespt00,

Just noticed in your pictures that your cutting blade sits a little off the ground due to the rubber not yet worn on the wings. Was this picture after some use or does it take a while to get those to wear even. I only ask because I put my wings on and I wore my cuting edge more last year than I thought and I will have to wear the wing edges down quickly to get that 1/2-3/4" back.

14. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

These pics were taken right after i installed the wings on the truck. I had to cut them up with a saw to get them down. they just don't wear that fast if you don't . this year i'm replacing the edge and the wing rubbers. My hope is that the cutting edge won't wear as fast this year with the wings as it has in the past. I know after i installed the wings I didn't't get as much wear on the edge. Those wings also help with uneven pavement on a angle and especially pushing straight. Enjoy the wings they make such a difference.

15. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I agree, best thing I ever did was get the wings. Helps in many ways.

16. rico6161

rico6161 Junior Member

Ok guys i went to my local dealer to order these wings for HD75. His price is CRAZY. I seen seomeone said around $475 Sooo Where is a good place to order/ buy these babys? Im in Cleveland ohio.
    Thanks

17. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Get ahold of Jim at ESI, you will see him postingstuff here online. He has taken care of me numerous times! He even posted in this thread above!

18. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The prices have gone up since these were introduced 550.00 is what most places charge for the set...529 from us

19. rico6161

rico6161 Junior Member

When u get a chance could u check on the frieght charge to 44039 Im sure ups would be expensive, but i do have frieght co. here in Ridgeville.
    Thanks again.

20. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Hey what would the wings look like on the new 7.6 v?? im debating this rout for my ram 1500 Thumbs Up