1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg Opinions...

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mchur01, Feb 8, 2011.

1. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Was thinking about throwing a Snow Dogg on one of my other trucks, whats your opinion on theses units? I am used to running western..
  2. GabrielFarms

GabrielFarms Junior Member

This is our first season with a snowdogg ex80 and so far it has been good. I dont like the mounting system as much as the boss or my ultra-mount. If you unhook it on uneven ground it can make life difficult getting the pins to sit in place. That is really the only complaint I have, and the fact that it was $700 less than the boss or western makes up for it. I installed wings last week before the blizzard and I really like the folding design, and dad likes not having to wrestle the wings in and out of the truck bed. Overall I like it, well build, greaseable pins, and the shinny stainless is a bonus.
  3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Very happy with mine.

BIGHUNTER2 Junior Member

Very happy with my VX95 stainless plow.

Bought it last year, but had very little snow here last year. So all I did last year was, drop the plow on some ice driveway to try and keep the cutting edge sharp for when ever we do get some snow.:D:drinkup::D

This winter we've been getting more snow. So I guess by me keeping the cutting edge sharp last year, I did well, because my driveway is very clean. :D
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  5. Mike57

Mike57 Member

I have an MD75. While I have had a few issues with it, these guys stand behind their product like no other. I agree the mount is too low, but that is my only real complaint. I would not hesitate to buy another because the company is top notch.
  6. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

very happy my plow as well. i have ran western and hiniker snow plows and the can't throw snow anywhere as good as a snow dogg. The only plow i've seen that can throw snow as good as/better is a Boss VXT.
  7. 50chevtrk

50chevtrk Junior Member

I've used the red and yellow ones prior to my snowdoog
    by far way better. alot faster better stacking.
    and they stand behind there product i'm going to add
    another dogg next season
  8. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

Used a Meyer for 4 years and the only problem I had was with the crappy touch pad. Went to Snow Dogg this year and it's a fantastic plow. We have had our share of snow and here in NH and it's performed without a glitch. I had problem getting her hooked up at first but once you figure it out you can connect in less than 2 minutes.

I would recommend this plow (MD75) to a friend/family member.
  9. QKSnowRemoval

QKSnowRemoval Senior Member

i have a ex80 with wings and this thing is a tank i have had westen plows before this and i am very impressed with the dogg! there are pros and cons with everything but id say the cons on this is u have t be on level ground to unhook and to rehook it up, the jack can bend if you dont get the plow lined up the first time and you push the plow around, also kinda low ground clearance with the truck mount. pros are it stacks snow super high, costs less then any other plow, built super heavy duty too. i love my snowdogg!
  10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm not a happy camper after today. I have disliked my hand control from day one. My MD75 is one year old this month. I had to get a new hand control today, worn out, pads were not making contact, $ 338.00+tax. Last year I only plowed 2 storms, a total of 28 driveways. Sold my route this year and now only plow 4 driveways per storm. The $ 400.00 I saved by buying the SnowDDog over a Meyers is now about down the tube.:gunsfiring::gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
  11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Gene, its a two year warranty.
  12. gene gls

The dealer I bought the plow from went out of business. The dealer I went to considers this a wear item. I told them its only a year old.
  13. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

That's your fault for accepting that answer. I would have called buyers directly, was the controller beat up?
  14. gene gls

The old controller looks just like the new one. Its been mounted on my dash from day one. This dealer has handled 99% of my equipment business so he goes above and beyond to keep me going.
  15. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Thanks every1 for all the input, but got an incredible deal on a Western today that I just couldnt turn down, over half off for full setup, so much for taking a season off.....