1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg MD75 Issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by russ100, Oct 25, 2011.

1. russ100

russ100 Junior Member
    from ny

I have a MD75 on a 2000 dodge Ram.My problem is the plow goes up and left to right. But will not go down on its own. If I stand on the plow and press the down button it drops right away.I cleand the sa vavle and still the same problem. Any ideas guy's

Thanks For any help..

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Been some problems with the lift cylinder on all the SnowDogg plows. You might try to loosen the packing nut and put a little lube on the seal area. JUST MAKE SURE THE PLOW IS DOWN.... Is it still under a warranty? If so contact your dealer.

3. russ100

russ100 Junior Member
    from ny

Okay I will give it a try tonight. No its not under warranty.Is there any certin lube I should use?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You might want to get the manual out and learn how to adjust your drop speed. Sounds like it's set a like tight. If you were having the common lift ram issues it wouldn't drop at all.

5. russ100

russ100 Junior Member
    from ny

I loosened the packing nut the plow now works fine.Thank you