1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg MD75 Issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by ivan2524, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ivan2524

ivan2524 Junior Member
    from boston

Hello, I recently installed a MD75 plow on my 08 silverado 1500 originally it was on an 03 silverado. I wired it myself and it worked fine at first. The second time i hooked it up the plow would only go up but would not go left, right or down. The motor does run when I hit up, left, right and it makes a click noise when I hit down. I'm not sure if this is a wiring issue, maybe the lines need to be bleed or if it could be the coils. If anyone has any advise or what the problem may be, thanks.

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

If the motor is running when you hit up/left/right and it only goes up then the problem would have to be with the B valve (green wire). It would have to stuck energized - which is unusual.

Pull the B valve and clean it, check it for contamination, and put it back in.

The B valve selects between angle and lift, and if it was stuck in the energized position the plow would only lift when the motor was running. It should, however, drop normally.

3. ivan2524

ivan2524 Junior Member
    from boston

Thanks I'll give it a try, if it every stops raining here. Hopefully it solves the problem.

4. ivan2524

ivan2524 Junior Member
    from boston

Ok, so I checked checked the B coil and cleaned it, still same problem. I was thinking maybe a clog so I disconnected the hydro line running into the cyclinder and pushed the cyclinder down bleed the line reconnected everything. It stayed down until and then when I brought it back up it wouldnt go down again. It still wont go side to side either but the motor is clearly running when I go right,left and up. Any suggestions? Do you think it could be an electrical problem? I would like to avoid taking it to the dealer because its pretty far away from where I live.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you have help, have someone try raising the plow while you check to see it the "B" valve is receiving 12 volts. If you are working alone lift the blade slightly. being careful of your feet connect a 12 jumper to the B coil. Does it drop now?

I would take it to the dealer while it is under warranty. Have them check the rest of the unit while it is there.

6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Have you solved the issue yet? Winter is around the corner.

7. plowguy10

plowguy10 Junior Member

I would take it to the dealer before the warranty is still availible. It will also help buyers to solve problems in the plow and make it that much better.

8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Was this a brand new plow? Or was it in storage for the winter? Assuming it's in warranty I'd hate to have you mess with it for too long. Your description of what's happening doesn't quite match up with any single cause I'm familiar with.

9. ppap

ppap Junior Member

I just connected my MD68 after it was sitting outside for the summer and have the exact same problem. The blade operates up but won't drop or move side to side. The pump motor is working - I can hear it and there is voltage. When I try to move it left, right or up, there is a slight motion (jerking) of about a 1/4" as if there is something keeping the fluid from passing. There is power at all the valves. Looking at the wiring and mechanical diagrams (great online documentation by the way), I would have guessed the SA valve isn't opening? Warranty just ran out so I'd rather not take it to the dealer just yet. By the way, what is the bleeding procedure for the hydraulics?

10. ppap

ppap Junior Member

Problem solved. The cylinders must have been frozen from sitting for months. I lubricated them and let them sit for a couple days. They broke free eventually. Lesson learned: operate the plow a few times over the course of the summer.

11. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

That's why I wash my plow and spray the cylinders with oil before storage (in the barn). May seem a little extreme to some, but it still looks and works like new.