1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg MD or HD for my F-150

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by White Gardens, Nov 2, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Truck is going to get used for driveways and light commercial work.

Would like a V, but think it's a bit much for what I really need and also want to keep my final price down on the purchase.

Leaning towards a Buyers as I like the price point.

The question though is should I go with a MD, or HD plow for my 05, F-150 4 door truck. Seems like the height of the blade is the biggest difference.

No plow package on my truck from what I can tell. I'm either going to have to do a leveling/lift kit, airbags or Timbrens to get the front end up.

Need some input.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Id go VMD for the minimal price difference you'll get it back on resale plus its much more efficient. But of your two choices Id go HD. There's more than just a height difference the entire plow is built more rugged.
  3. White Gardens

Thanks, good to know. Might think about the V.

4. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

VMD or the HD. the VMD is best option. The HD is great and much better for commercial purposes than the MD. Think of the MD as more of a homeowner plow.
  5. White Gardens

Thanks for the input.

If the weather stays good for another 3-4 weeks then I'll maybe have enough in the budget for a VMD.

Luckily this season we've got a handful of late season hardscaping projects, and as long as the ground doesn't freeze, I'm good to go.

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Go with the VMD. Hopefully from what i'm hearing the wings will be out for it soon. Then you'll have the best of both worlds.
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah that'd be a nice setup for sure.