1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg MD 80

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by SilverLT2, Sep 9, 2011.

1. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone has heard of them or has anyone used one yet?

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I've never heard of one and the don't show one on their site. They have a MD68 which is 80" wide, is that what your talking about?

3. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

New size for this year. Similar to the other MD's but 8'0 and with 10 ribs, 1/2" cutting edge, and it weights 440

4. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

That's not a bad weight for a 8 ft plow. Hey Red what do u think of their mounting system compared to Westerns mounting which ones easier?

5. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

Nothing compares to the Western Ultramount system. They are all simple enough to use now a days but Western is by far the quickest & simplest out there

6. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Thanks Red hearing that makes me lean towards getting a Western. Now from what I have seen Western truck side mounts offer the best ground clearance over the competition correct? or am I wrong

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Yes, the Western has the best clearance...especially when you remove the recievers

8. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

No problem, like Jim said, once you take the receivers off, it doesn't even look like you have a plow mount on the truck at all. Great for Chevy's with low ground clearance to begin with.

9. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Thanks guys for answering my questions. One other thing I was wondering is that I shouldn't have to trim my bumper at all right? Ive already removed the lower air dam

10. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

No it doesn't need to be cut. Nice rig BTWThumbs Up

11. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Thanks it should hold a Western mid weight just fine now i have to decide on poly or steel what would u suggest?

12. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

Cant go wrong either way. Weight is about the same, and all other features are the same. Poly might run you a little bit more $ up front but down the road you'd save on painting, rust, ect. The snow will also roll off the poly better.

13. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Thanks Red for the help just one more question I have a gravel driveway do u think i should put plow shoes on it or is it not worth the extra $?

14. RedsGarage25

RedsGarage25 Sponsor

no problem..i would get them if your doing the gravel driveway..for the extra $90-$100 they're worth it, save yourself the fustration of tearing up your driveway

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you do a bunch of gravel the shoes and a gravel edge will both help. To make a gravel edge use a piece of HEAVY wall PVC pipe and cut a slit the length of it drill some wholes for mounting and figure out a way to attach to the blade. Easy to remove and keeps the steel edge from digging in.

16. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Thanks Red for all your help

17. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Basher the PVC pipe sounds like a good idea but i wont be able to do that cuz I'm going to put a back drag edge on the plow I don't know or think it will fit

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It can be done, just have to get creative:mechanic:

P.S. I think you will be happier with the Western mid-weight also.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011