1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg md 75

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by rick4wd, Nov 30, 2011.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

a buddy of may buy a tundra with a md75 on it plow seems way to heavy truck sits low with it up and does not move up much with with plow down

2. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

We've installed a few on these trucks. Timbrens will help keeping it off the ground. There are strut spacers out there too, many options really depending on how much money he wants to spend on upgrades. Timbrens are by far the least expensive.

What year is the Tundra, also if he has any pictures of how it's mounted would help with some ideas.

3. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

its an 03 if he gets ill try to get pics

4. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Yep, thats the one. Your buddy will need about 1000 lbs of ballast in the back. They can be nice plow trucks due to their size.

5. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

That's weird because the MD75 is one of the lightest steel plows out there. I have one on my 1999 F150 and it hardly makes the front drop at all without any modifications. I didn't even raise the torsion bars.

6. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

There is a big difference of weight capacities between a F150 and a Tundra, go to SnowDogg and just go through the plow selector, look at the ballast recommended.

Your F150 has torsion bar suspension, the Tundra has strut suspensions, different weight capacities.