1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg MD 75 stuck left

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Washingtonplow, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Washingtonplow

Washingtonplow Junior Member

I just installed (myself) a new snow dogg md 75 on an 08 tundra. I hooked it up for the first time, it worked fine in all functions for about 10 min (I only had the plow harness plugged in, not the light harness). All of a sudden it went left and continued to run, killing the battery very quickly. I unplugged it, unplugged the controller, then plugged it back in, same thing stays tilted to the left and continues to run. Then I tried the light harness (with the plow harness unplugged) and one parking light on the plow worked, but nothing else. any suggestions?

2. ufosos

ufosos Junior Member
    from Sweden

I have the same error!
    Did you find the solution to the problem?

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sounds like the motor solenoid is "welded". This usually happens due to extremely high current.

1. Is the 4GA black wire straight to battery? You can NEVER chassis ground the motor ground.
    2. Were the connections on the solenoid tight? Loose connections will cause arcing/heat.
    3. Were the battery connections tight? (see #2).

Those are the typical causes of excessive current. Short answer is that its likely your solenoid, but you'll want to find the root cause before you start going againt. Those Trombetta solenoids are solid units - very unlikely to be defective.
  4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

As far as the lights go, that doesn't sound related. A 2008 Tundra is a standard install, so the parking lights are directly connected (Brown to parking circuit on truck, Black to ground). The ground was bad, neither would work. So double check your install.

Check your 16071160 instructions for details on wire polarity on the Tundra's - that could impact the headlight function.