1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg md 75 or hd 75

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bobster47, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Bobster47

Bobster47 Junior Member

I was looking for some advice. I am wanting to put a snow dogg plow on a 2006 silverado 1500 z71 it is a reg cab and it has a 2 inch leveling kit in the front, previce owner wanted the truck to sit level and not nose down like the chevys do. I am looking at the md75 or the hd 75. I put the weight numbers in snow doggs web site and it says the hd would be okay but i noticed that ford f150 with the same set up only shows the md. I prefer the heavier duty plow but want to make sure I am not over taxing the truck.Does anyone have any experience with these models i think the hd is like 280 pounds heavier than the md. Thanks
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

heavier the plow, more stess on the trucks parts, I'd go with the md75 on a half ton, may I ask why your going with snow dogg?
  3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

And what are you going to be using it for? Commercial, residential or personal?
  4. Bobster47

Bobster47 Junior Member

The plow will be used for small parking lots.I have been in business for 15 years and have tried to avoid plowing but am pushed in to doing it.I have talked to a few people that have been doing this for a long time and suggested I look at the snow dogg.In my area the snow storms are normally limited.if we have 12 inches it's like a huge deal
  5. Flyboy77

Flyboy77 Senior Member

What dealers are near you? Have you stopped in to talk to them? Some also sell lightly used plows if price is your biggest concern.