1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg Maintenance and spares

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by afekete, Dec 7, 2012.

1. afekete

afekete Member
    from NJ

We've been plowing with our MD68 now for three years troubel free except for a faulty relay under the hood.

My question, what yearly maintenance should be done, are there any instructions or videos on how to do it, and what do you guys/girls carry for spare parts for emergency service?

2. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Once a year I drain the tank, take off all hydro hoses to inspect and drain them. While the hoses are off I push the plow left and right to get all the fluid out of the angle rams. Also I take all of the coils off of the valves and remove the valves to make sure they are clean.

Then Start putting everything back together. Once back together refill fluid and cycle the plow left and right. Take care not to run the tank empty, refill as necessary. Run it through all cycles 4 to 5 times to get all the air out of the system, check for leaks top off the fluid and you are good to go.

As far as spare parts go, I carry one lift hose, one angle hose, motor relay, headlight relay, 2 trip pins, 1 trip spring, 1 valve solenoid, and 2 quarts hydro fluid. Along with all the needed tools to replace the parts.