1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dogg install

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by soulfly, Nov 4, 2014.

1. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

How hard is it to install a new snow Dogg plow?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

What kind of truck?

3. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

2004 Chevy 1500

4. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

How unassembled does the plow come? And how hard is the wiring?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If you have a basic mechanic ability you can install a plow. Follow instructions and you will be fine.

6. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

OK thanks! It didn't look to difficult but want to make sure. Don't want to pay someone $450 if it's not to bad.

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

A helper will make things go much easier. Also take your time. Read the instructions before you start.

8. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

Yeah got a friend to help.

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They are honestly pretty simple. I don't know if your going with a straight blade or V, but the headgear is all together (hoses are already attached to all cylinders, light brackets just need to be bolted/lights bolted on) then attach the blade to the headgear.

Pushplates aren't too difficult but mine did require some drilling which was more time consuming than difficult. Wiring was honestly simple - plug inline to the head lamps, tap the correct turn signal wire, tap a switched power outlet in the truck - hook up positive/negative and pretty much done.

I have pics somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

10. plowguy43

Here you go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. plowguy43

Last one, as you can see in the last picture above - that plastic covering on the wing is still partially on my plow. I never removed it on purpose, trying to protect it as much as possible LOL

[​IMG]

12. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

Thanks Plowguy 43

13. plowguy43

Anytime! Hope it helps

14. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

Have another question plowguy43 what's the best spot to go through firewall? Not sure if there's a spot or if you just have to find a spot?

15. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm not sure with the Chevy but until recently with Ford you could just use the hole for the clutch. Newer trucks you will have to either drill a hole in the firewall or depending on how the majority of wires pass through into the cab you might be able to shank it through with them.

16. plowguy43

Yup what Ray said. My Super Duty had a rubber grommet plug that the clutch pedal would normally go through.

When I had it on my 99 Ram I believe it had a similar plug on the firewall that I used.

17. soulfly

soulfly Junior Member

K.thanks guys

18. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

If your truck is lifted you will need to lower the plow mount on a Vxf plow. I used T1 metal. (I might of went over board but o well) I also upgraded my bolts to 2 inch grade 8 also the nylon nuts are grade 8 also installed an upper cross member.see pics, if you never worked on a car or truck don't try to do your own install, but if your mechanically handy is a easy install long as you have all the info and tools to install

image.jpg

19. condo plow

condo plow Senior Member
    from chicago

Don't know why I can't post more than 1 pic at a time

image.jpg