1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg HD with wings

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by DIRISHMAN, Mar 18, 2015.

1. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Looking for info on a HD or MD with the fold back wings.

1. Do the wings work well and do they just fold back or can they be taken off?

2. Are the wings pitched forward enough for carrying snow?

3. Is there any issues with the wings or the plow I should worry about?

I was lookin for a vee but now have changed my mind a bit about all the extra weight. Also the straights have been around for a while and with wings just make more sense for what I would use it for. I have used a Vee before and they are awesome. Just right now cant justify the extra cost ? still kinda up in the air. Any help with this would be much appreciated. got a deal in the works maybe on a 8 footer ? thanks

2. bumpy

bumpy Junior Member

If you pull both of the pins, they will come off. They do help greatly carrying snow. People told me once I had them I would not take them off. They were right!!! I lost one of the pins one night and had to pull the wing off. Since then I BOLTED mine on with lock nuts!! Unless your plow physically wont fit some where, like a bank drive thru, I doubt you will be taking them off. I love mine and never take them off!

3. DIRISHMAN

Thanks. Do yo have a HD or MD just wondering and any issues thanks

4. bumpy

bumpy Junior Member

Mine is an EX80. Only issues were a wore out stock cutting edge and I changed the spring cages on the positive and negative terminals on the plug! Other than that its been a good dependable plow!

5. dodgesprt00

dodgesprt00 Member

I have to agree since i put mine on i never fold them back. I broke a pin one night and found out real quick that a reese receiver pin fits perfect in a pinch. I couldn't be happier with my plow and wings.

20140126_162524348_iOS.jpg

6. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Here is a video I took last season with my snowdogg HD80 with wings. In this video there is about 6" on the ground.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4d8OBP19jE
    I have 2 full seasons on this plow and have not had any problems.

7. DIRISHMAN

Awesome video .so I take it that the wings are pitched enough for scooping snow or being able to move it else where right.they are not flat for extra width?

8. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

They do pitch forward, I believe it is a 30 degree angle. It makes a world of difference on long pushes. You can use almost the whole blade width and have very little spill off.

9. DIRISHMAN

Thanks much appreciated. Looks like I'll be look seriously at there plow..I am a big western guy but there wings suck and not sure and boss.there wings are tuff I know I had a pair on my western..just going to come down to weight of each plow.Then also now going to see what snowex has

10. CraigH

CraigH Junior Member

I put wings on my hd80 last fall and absolutely love them!

11. DIRISHMAN

Are they the ones that fold back from snow dogg

12. CraigH

CraigH Junior Member

Yes, I think they were 600.00 and it took about an hour to install. You just need to make sure everything lines up before cranking the bolts down. What a difference they make. It may take a few runs to get the rubber edge to match your plow edge depending how wore down it is. SD recommends a new edge if your installing on an older plow.

13. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

Anyone have experience with wings on and 68/75?

14. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

15. Rangers recover

Rangers recover Junior Member

great vifdeo