1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg for Jeep Unlimited

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by rduvally, Oct 22, 2010.

1. rduvally

rduvally Junior Member
    from MASS

MD 68 or MD 75???? Would like to go with MD 75 but don't know if the size is too much>

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

It will fit, but it's too heavy for an unlimited (the curb weight of the unlimited is higher).

An MD68 would be the appropriate length, but again, we cannot recommend the application.

3. rduvally

rduvally Junior Member
    from MASS

So, what could you recommend?

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Unfortunately I can't recommend any SnowDogg plow for that vehicle due to the curb weight. I do know people that have them, but they are exceeding their front axle ratings when the plow being transported.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. kmac

kmac Member

?????? How do you make a vehicle specific mount for a Jeep but you don't recommend it?

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Because the unlimited is a specific configuration. Our Dakota mount fits on a Durango, but that doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

8. kmac

kmac Member

But you are saying you wouldn't recommend an Unlimited specific mount on an Unlimited? or am I missing something?

9. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I was replying on my phone. The mount in question is a WRANGLER mount that fits on all Jeep Wranglers (2 and 4 door). But because of curb weight, FAWR, etc. it is not recommend for the Unlimited Wrangler (4-door).

If you go to snowdoggplows.com and play around with the plow selector you'll see how the engine, vehicle, bed style (for trucks), etc. can all have a significant impact on which plow you can put on a vehicle.