1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg EX 8ft

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Jason205HD, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Jason205HD

Jason205HD Junior Member

Well I've been doing a lot of shopping around and I am leanning toward a snow dogg EX 8ft plow. I've mostly ran Westerns in the past but they were on other people's trucks. This ones for me but can't find anyone around me thats had one. I'm looking at putting it on a 2005 2500HD diesel Crew Cab the price I was given was $4200.00 out the door installed. Any opinions?
  2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Thats a good price I would say go for it
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Go for it!!!
  5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Those plows have done great, the friend that i have with them have had no problem's and love there plows. The customer service is second to none as well.
  6. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

I got quoted 3645.00 otd cash and carry for a ex 9ft, thats 555.00 for install. ouch!
  7. Jason205HD

Jason205HD Junior Member

Thanks for the input guys. Anyone know of people plowing with a 2500HD diesel and if so how have they been holding up?
  8. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Can't quite vouch for the diesel but i have an old body style 2007 that ran through last season no problem (with the 8' EX ) and a buddy of mine has an 05 gasser with a western 8' that gets the snot beat out of it year round with no problems (other than chewing up brakes). I know its not exact application but somewhat close.
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Very popular plow truck. A gasser is a little easier on the front end.
  10. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

4200 is good price.make sure the wings are included in the price. I bought my ex75 with wings and installed for 3850 out the door . Its installed on a 2010 ford f250 extended cab with 6ft bed with the powerstroke
  11. Plow Down

Plow Down Junior Member

I have a VX 8.5.Got it off the show room floor for 4500.00 mounted it my self very easy.Saved 500 on doing it my self.
  12. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

Where did you get that price that is really good!! Carnagie??
  13. mr plowman

mr plowman Junior Member

are those snowdogg wings or pro wings
  14. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I think is eshelmans in mentor if you really interested I can look at my receipt. Those wings are made by snow dogg.
  15. Jason205HD

Jason205HD Junior Member

I've been doing some more checking on this plow and some people are saying the wiring is not very good on it.
  16. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

i have an ex80, added the snowdogg wings to make it a 10ft. i plow nothing but commerical and the plow holds up great!

paid 4200 installed including tax. and 400 extra for the wings.
  17. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

What was the name of the dealer you got that quote from? I might be headed to michigan for a SS spreader, maybe I'll bring a plow back too.
  18. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Have a copy of that receipt scanned for proof?

There's absolutely NO WAY you paid that, especially out the door.