1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg .. Come out and playeeee

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by scottL, Jan 20, 2009.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've used the Snow Dogg website contact page to find a distributor in my area, I've posted where I know the rep would see my questions, I've even called around to various dealers in my area - nada.....

No responses in 6 days now. So ... how does this company sell product if they don't respond. :sleeping: :confused:

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe they are out of business!

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Settle down guys... It's a little busy these days if you haven't noticed the snow falling outside...:dizzy: I monitor this forum as a courtesy and try to get on at least once a day. It is not, however, an official communication channel for SnowDogg or Buyers. You'll notice that some of our competitors are on here about twice a year and it's an "event".

If you need to call us direct...
    http://www.snowdoggplows.com/contact.html

If you need to find a SnowDogg dealer...
    http://www.snowdoggplows.com/Distributors/findDistributor.asp

Or feel free to PM me - because I'll get notification in my e-mail.

I might miss a message here or there, but I've got hundreds of dealers that I work with, and I've got to keep everyone happy as best I can.

Best regards and HAPPY PLOWING!
    Scott Moorman
    BPC / SnowDogg Plows

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Hey it sure works fast when you speculate they are out of business!

Of course the first suggestion was to call, which was tried, and didn't work.

The second suggestion was to use the website, which was done, and didn't work!

What's a guy to do?

5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Ask a question, and I will answer. I'm at your disposal...:salute:

6. scottL

Ok..... Here is a post I put up to another thread. See what you can reply to. ALSO - can you provide a dealer in Illinois( I'm in West Chicago / St. Charles ).

I have the western 2500. It has plenty of issues. I was looking at the Dogg as a replacement myself. For the 2500 I've put through 30,000 pound of material this season and with every minute I hate this unit more. The dogg looks like to has addressed many issues I have seen with my 2500 and at nearly half the price. However, I see a few items of concern.....

1) the motor is rated at only 1/8 hp, most everyone else is at 1/3hp. I can see this being a problem when the hopper is fully loaded and settled even with a vib kit.
    2) I can not see or find any decent pictures of the unit mounted. The one picture online shoes this unit way high above the tailgate but the instructions indicate it could be made lower - but how low.
    3) it has a flow gate - where? If it does then this should control how much dumps out.
    4) what or how is the shaft designed? Ie auger or rod and chain that spins?

thanks Scott!

7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

OK - sorry, did see this and meant to ask which unit you were asking about. The TGS01/05 and TGS06 are different animals entirely. I'm assuming you're asking about the TGS06 since you mentioned a vibrator.

1) The motor is 1/8HP - but it is ONLY a spinner motor. There is no auger or flail chain - so there is very littlel load on the motor. it's also completely enclosed to eliminate salt/water damage.
    2) http://www.saltdogg.com/Instruction Sheets/3010971_Rev_A.pdf - this should help you understand how it mounts.
    3) It does have a manual flowgate. When open (when you're ready to start) it relies on the material bridging onto the spinner disk. You can't really drive from jobsite to jobsite with it loaded because of this. Most guys love it, a couple can't really get a handle on it.
    4) See #1

As far as dealers go, CPW is probably close to your location. They are in Tinley Park, 815-464-4800.

Regards,
    Scott

8. scottL

Thank you for the reply - scott.

Do you happen to know at what level the picture was taken for the marketing slick with the silverado and 06 salter? I see that there is a certain degree of height that can be adjusted foe in te mount. I was hoping for a better angle.

I know of CPW ... a bit a of a haul for me but, their shipping is good. I was hoping to se one of these units up close.

9. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Scott, I have seen this unit up close over in Yorkville. I will try to go by there and snap a picture of it for you today on my way through town if the truck is there. The thing just looks huge.

10. scottL

it sure does in the one picture they have. I thought maybe their marketing folks enlarged and photo shopped it.

I'm a little leary though on it being just gravity feed even with a vib kit. Maybe it's just me but, the more and more I see on everyone's spreaders the more I believe the designers of these units have never lifted a 50# bag in 20 degree weather, hour after hour after hour.

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Honestly getting the material to come out is never really the problem. It comes out very well, the trick is gettign the hang of where to set the flowgate so that it will bridge as soon as you turn the spinner off. Loading bags is what it is. A nice 4YD V-box is the way to go if you don't like hefting bags, unfortunately that's a whole different price point, needless to say...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  12. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Thanks Scott!

13. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Scott, went by yesterday and of copurse forgot the camera. That thing looks like it sits rather high on the back of the truck. I tried to see if the guy was home so I could ask what he thinkls about it, but my luck is not so good. I wsill chaeck again, but maybe by then the season will be over.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Then there are some here every day:nod: Glad to know a Buyers/S.A.M/ snow... spokesman has joined the crowd.

But still: we wait with baited (I had sushi for dinner) breath for the yearly appearance of the triplets spokesmen. :jester:

15. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have the TGS06 Salt Dogg on my truck. Scott is right about learning the whole flow gate thing, but it does work nice and you can spread just about anything thru these spreaders. It is a very, very big spreader. You do get used to it being back there though.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  16. scottL

A pict !!! Awesome.

Ok, So any chance of getting a side pict showing the space between the unit and the tail gate? Also, can you see at what level the unit was mounted at? ( The salt unit has a post which bolts into a receiver unit. It offers several inches of height adjustment - I'm curious if it is fully up, down or somewhere in between )

Thanks!

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The unit is off my truck right now. But there is about 2-3 inches of clearance between the spreader and my tailgate. I put it together and mounted it my self, it is adjusted all the way down. It is sitting on the bumper. There is a ton of adjustment to these things, but mine is all the way down. It doesnt block your rear view too bad really either.

18. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Basher, you're right. Some mfg's are definitely on here in some capacity more than others. Hopefully we'll build up some a solid network of knowledgeable dealers and users that can cover these forums 24/7.

Scott