1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg by Buyers TGSUV1B

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by yardatwork, Nov 25, 2009.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

If anyone, like me, only has a few commercial lots that ask for salt and you're looking for a cheaper salt spreader...then...go to www.carparts.com - I just got a Snow Dogg TGSUV1B for $449.99 and FREE SHIPPING. Received it in three days. CarParts is also selling them on Ebay for $462.98 and FREE SHIPPING. But...buying direct from their website will save you $12.99.

I thought that maybe these were left overs, buy outs, or maybe a few years old and have been sitting in a warehouse...nope...mine was manufactured in June 2009.
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have a tgsuv pro and love it. I wouldn't waste my time or money on the non pro version. The pro version is the same as the larger ones but it has a smaller hopper. If you get the standard version it's single speed with a manual open and close on the hopper and it doesn't spread that far. I had a small snow ex something junior? and hated it. There was no auger in it and free flowing salt would run through it before you even turned it on. I didn't weant to run a cable to the cab that's ghetto IMO. My push spreader work just as good if not better. I can only assume the cheaper suv spreader with the cigarette plug would be close to the same. The tgsuv pro will throw salt as good as our snow ex 1075, it just has a smaler hopper. It's well worth a few extra bucks IMO !!!

Good luck , shaun
  3. FastKatt

FastKatt Junior Member

I found someone selling a used TGSUV1B for $350
    He states it's been used 1x and only owned for 1 month...
    Maybe he didn't like the way it worked either?

Anyone else have an opinion to add to this thread?
  4. buy it now.........clean it and spray fluid film on it.....and make a larger deflector sheild out half a rubber maid tub.

5. FastKatt

FastKatt Junior Member

Okay, I got it...
    $150 because it didn't spin when I plugged it in (He wasn't happy to be talked down)
    "It worked when he took it off the truck"
    (Still had salt on the motor, wires were bent where they went into the casing)
    Picked up an oversized replacement motor for $180, run great now

What is this "spray fluid film" you speak of?
    Maybe a picture of this home-made deflector, made from "Rubber Maid" tub?
  6. fluid flim????it's all a truck need when dealing with salt....go to their web site....i spray most of my truck and attachments with the stuff....go to my profile...my photo album "plow" has a pic of my device modification.http://www.plowsite.com/picture.php?albumid=252&pictureid=1767.............the cut-out is for my 'lightbuster" lamp....and i have since attached my license plate just below the lid...as well as a large orage single plow guide attached to the rear left corner of the spreader. I've told you to much already......
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  7. FastKatt

FastKatt Junior Member

Links help, so I added one...
    I've never heard of this stuff, but going to be looking into it real soon!

I've mounted my plate to a spreader in the past, but it was a much larger unit & swing away, not hitch mounted
    I was going to mount a plow guide to the center rear of this spreader, why did you choose the left corner?
    "Light Buster"? I plan on adding a 6x22 amber LED kit to the truck

That "shield" looks like a great idea, got any better pictures of it?