1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dogg = Awesome

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by zerolatency, Sep 19, 2009.

1. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Just got my new truck setup for the season with a Snow Dogg EX80 and TGS05 spreader. Did the install myself in about 8 hours (including a little unecessary head scratching time) as i wanted to know everything about this plow incase of breakdown (nearest dealer 2hrs away). As i came to the Headlight Harness i had some difficulty getting the lights to function properly. I made a call to the tech support line, and left a message expecting to hear back on monday sometime, i moved on to wiring up the spreader. Scott from snow dogg (smoorman) called me back just a couple hours later, we sorted the problem out ( wrong harness from dealer ) he walked me through how to make the necessary adjustments and i had everything buttoned up this afternoon. Even though it hasn't hit snow yet, i'm impressed with the plow, and saturday afternoon tech support in the off season was awesome. Anyone thinking of buying one, stop thinking and do it.
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

wow, first post and you already are telling people what plow to buy. It is fine if you are actually a real person and not just someone working for snow dogg, but please understand that it does look quite suspicious and may hurt sales rather then help them.
  3. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

Yeah, sorry that does look bad, i'm am very much not trying to sell anything, and i have used this site for quite a while for research.... have always run western in the past and never had any real complaints in that direction, but i have never really had anything to say either, just done a lot of reading and i finally signed up for an account a couple weeks ago, and this seemed like something worth posting. If you look at other member's posts on this plow you'll see that my experience was not unlike theirs... basic features seem great, mounting can be a PITA, lights are at a strange hieight, and i've even got a new one to add to the list, peeling the white protective film off the SS was a huge PITA.

Sorry to all that may think it looks like i'm trying to sell something, i'm not, just sharing my experience with it thus far.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome.......
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Hey, it would have been warmer if your post didn't make you look like a dealer. There have been alot of dealers posting in the past as plowers. As well, I don't know what posts you are referring to about the snow dogg being great. I have read quite a few about the welds being weak and I would give them more time. I hear their salters are decent though.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to Plowsite:waving:
    I too have found Smoorman to be very responsive. It's nice to have a manufacturer's representative hanging around the site to help with questions. Hopefully your snow pushing experiences will equal your installation experience.
  6. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

I've seen the weak weld posts, all on md versions, i'm hopeing it is just a manufacturing problem that is either fixed or doesn't carry over to the ex line..... sorry my post looked like a dealer, not intended (obviously). I'd much rather be dragged out of bed in the middle of the night to move snow than to fix busted equipment for those who are trying to.
  7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Glad I could help. The only reason I can answer tech support calls on a weekend is because I don't get too many. Sorry you got smacked down for your post. I thought you made it pretty clear what your story was. I'm glad it was easily resolved.

I'm not aware of any SnowDogg dealers ever "posing" as users. If I saw it, I'd ask the moderators to remove the post. I don't think a single plow would ever get sold by a fake post in a webforum.

The welds you are talking about were addressed last season (the MD's first season), and anyone with issues was immediately taken care of. I'm not sure what other posts you've been reading - but we take good care of our customers and our dealers (and the posts reflect that). As far as waiting a while, I can't blame anyone. It takes a long time to build a name and a reputation. SnowDogg (commercially available) is only 3 years old, so it will take a while. I realize that a plow is a critical investment and a plow that costs $1000 less is only worth it if it works just as well as a more expensive plow.

There are plenty of plow manufacturers out there, and plenty of good plows. I'll focus on the making the best plow for the best price, and we'll see where that takes us.

Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    BPC / SnowDogg Plows
  8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Almost forgot your question/concern. The EX plow is still our flagship line. The EX80 was the first out of the gate, and has had very few changes from the first season, simply because it was overdesigned. It's damned near impossible for anyone to break (and that's saying something - I know how some guys plow). While the MD is based on the EX design it weighs half as much, and the particular weld in question was unique to the MD, and was not a design issue, but a manufacturing issue. Regardless, the design has been improved to reduce the load on the welds, and of course, the weld process has been improved. Dealers and registered customers were notified, and any repairs/replacements were fully warranteed. It was a major issue, and we took it very seriously.

9. Pristine PM ltd

I didn't say they were snow dogg dealers, just dealers in general. It causes one to be jaded.
  10. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I have wrote about my md welds on mine but were taken care of quick .And i have owned many plows and i think it is a great plow for the money .But like any good plow or truck if you drive or abuse your stuff i dont care what you own.My 2 cents.
  11. BrewCityTommy

BrewCityTommy Member

Where can i get a snow dogg 8-6 vplow in milwaukee or very close-ive only come across 1 dealer that some people dont speak highly of-their must be more than 1 dealer of buyers v plows in milwaukee....county...southeastern WI!!???? Please let me know if you could, thanks
  12. JEC

JEC Junior Member
    from Ohio

Until today, I haven't posted on this forum for several years.
    I sold off the 3500 crew cab dually I used for my own parking lot, with the big, heavy blade (She served me well..no complaints)

I used part of the proceeds to outfit a new Jeep with a SnowDogg.

At first glance, second glance, third......... I'm more than pleased with the quaility of the the plow, the electric specs, and the dealer here in Dayton that sold it, installed it.
    I'm anal about "how things should be" and I gave the vehicle a thorough lookover after I got it home.
    I'm very comfy with this product, and the good folks that took care of the installation.

I didn't read anything in the OP's post that indicated a "poser dealer".
    Just an enthusiastic, satisfied customer.....as am I.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  13. F150dash

F150dash Member

Is that the MD plow? I am getting a 7'6"MD in a couple weeks just finishing up the paper work on it. That looks awesome on that Jeep. Jeep makes an excellent driveway rig. Hope the dogg treats ya good.
  14. JEC

JEC Junior Member
    from Ohio

Yes, that's the MD.
    I realize it's not going to do what the bigger blade did, on the bigger vehicle in 16" of snow
    (I'm gonna miss that truck and blade..it was unstoppable) but I like the setup, and think it will handle my needs just fine.
  15. Michigander_64

Michigander_64 Junior Member

1999 Wrangler X

Just curious as to what you all think about what some of the dealers are saying.
    They all have told me not to put a steel plow on my 2009 Wrangler X and that they would not install one for me ( I can do it as I own a shop). Then I see alot of people with steel. What do you all think?
    On my 2000 Silverado K2500HD I had a 7.5' Western and on my 2004 F350 had a Fisher 9' X blade and would like to consider a snow dog for my Wrangler X.
  16. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

You may want to send plowmeister a PM; he has good info to upgrading your Jeep for a steel plow.
    I have an MD series as above. Serves its purpose(we use it for small clean-up in lots...works great!
    You may have to add timbrens, depending on your front axle weight. good luck!
  17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

smoorman- does snowdogg plan on making Truck Side mounts for older trucks in the near future? In particular- Mine! Thanks, I've looked at these plows closely and would've purchased if a mount was available for my truck as you can't beat the price.