1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dog

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by infinity maint, Jan 26, 2008.

1. infinity maint

infinity maint Junior Member

I am using a snow dog and it is awsome

LET IT SNOWDOGG Junior Member

Wish i could, no snow yet... :)

:( :( :( :( i mean....
  4. mikedogg

mikedogg Junior Member

Just plowed about 6-10 with my md75 dogg and 12+ drifts,no problem for my half ton silverado ext cab...can't wait for the next storm
  5. F150dash

F150dash Member

We got 10-12" here and the dogg was great, second snow in the last week and it's still snowing. This snow was wet and heay but my md75 had no problems with it. I hve a question for anyone with this model, when you have it to full angle and lifted how much space is there from ground to cutting edge? I only have a couple inches and if I drive through a dip it touches. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks
  6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

anyone using the md75 for a buisness? i am looking to install 2 on my trucks for the days when my skidsteers are down, any advice
  7. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi, mine seems the same as yours. It only clears three inches or more. We don't drive it far with plow on, so no issues with it.Maybe you can raise the chain lift a little? Good luck, we love ours so far!
  8. F150dash

F150dash Member

I must say that I love my MD75, I do a bit of travelling with mine and I noticed that my mount is set at the lowest holes and is only about 8 inches off the ground. I am thinking that maybe I could raise the cross memeber to the next set of holes as this would give me another inch I think. Which would be perfect. I did read in the manual that the cross bar should be 9.5" off the ground or somehting like that. Maybe I will try this. I must say that it is so nice to have a plow that angles from in the truck, I have been able to cut my times per drive way down.

Hay guys, send some snow this way. Tired of looking at grass... :(
  10. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Thats pretty bad when i'm in Iowa and we have had 31inches and calling for another 4 to 6 today. Love my 9.5 V Dogg!
  11. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

Getting my snow dog HD 75 in a couple hours on my 1990 chevy 2500 with salt spreader! 3inches here in Indiana tonight.
  12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I wouldnt do the MD for commercial work. They are good for homeowners and light residential work. If you want to stick with 7.5, go with the HD series. It is much stronger and built off the same specs as the EX series plows.
  13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i am torn, because i just want it as a back up, but at the same time, i don't want to buy something that is just going to get wrecked using it, i am leaning towards the HD, the biggest supporter of me using the MD is the rep here, he has said that it is fine for light commercial and that for what i plan on using it for i am good to go, oh well, i am going to spend a couple days mulling it over
  14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

get the hd... why not have a plow you wont have to worry bout pushing to hard if ur in a jam
  15. BayStateGlenn

BayStateGlenn Member

I think the MD is pretty beefy for a smaller plow. I like the light weight as far as not taxing the vehicle's suspension so much.... vs. the heavy duty plow being "bulletproof" but wreaking havic on the front end of the truck.
  16. snowboss94

snowboss94 Junior Member

i hear you on that one..south boston has got nothingggg!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I just ordered my MD 75 Snow Dogg today. There is 280 LBS differance between the MD and the HD plows. From what I was told they are based on the type of truck suspension. The MD is for tighter trucks. I would want the HD for commerical work.