1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Dog MD75 plow mount bending

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bula_1984, Dec 23, 2008.

1. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

I have a MD75 plow and when I was plowing today the mount that goes to the truck bent where the pins go form the a frame to the mount. The plow light just about came back and hit the hood all from backing off the curb (5" curb). Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions. The company that I bought it from is repairing it free of charge. The piece of of metal is 1/4" thick 2"wide with a 3/4" hole in it. Personally I don't think that there is enough steel there for support. :realmad:
  2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Believe me - I would hear about this. Sounds like a combination of stacking and something else and I've been working with your dealer. I told them to do whatever they needed to do to get you going again - and a replacement part is on the way. If you've got any more details (it's always better first hand) feel free to IM me.

Scott Moorman
    Director of Engineering
    SnowDogg Plows / BPC

3. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Tom in Appleton says you guys have a great product and stand behind it. As a longtime Western owner I really like your product for many reasons. Email me ryan@namespeed.com and I can explain in detail how this happened. I was not stacking snow, I know better and have suffered damage from doing that in the past, it you have to stack it that high,....its time to haul it away. I await your email and thanks for standing behind what I feel is a great product with a great team that stands behind it.

4. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

i hope you feel we took care of you and got you back on the road as soon as we could with this,your not making money with your equipment when its in my shop and i understand that and try to get everyone on the road as quick as possable, as soon as the parts arrive we will replace that frame! thanks! T.R. MILLER caspers truck equipment (making trucks work for you)
  5. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Thats because Caspers and Buyers take care of there customers and stand behind there product. Thanks
  6. frozenokiewi

frozenokiewi Junior Member

oops no a snow dogg won't hold your suburban off the ground.

re: Bula...Geez the kid does not even know what kind of truck we have...its 2000 (new body) 1/2 ton with auto 4WD and autoride suspension. 250,000 miles all original, new tranny built for plowing and intend on calling GM when she hits 500k thats if they are still in business.

Back to the snow dogg...I have never owned a product where the manufacturer is involved with the customer experiance like the folks at Snow Dogg. I was backing down a driveway that darn near goes straight up. I stacked snow 3ish feet high on both sides 10 ft out into the yard so I would have somewhere to put it all winter. I was backing down the right side of the drive where the mailbox is and moved over to miss the post only to meet a 10 inch drop off the curb where the city curbing has sunk into the road. There is about 5 inches of ice, the trucks front tire dropped off the curb pushing the plow into the mount bowing the mount steel out on both sides pusing the headlights almost back to the hood. I pulled back into the driveway to see that plow would not drop to the ground and was up about 4 inches. At first I was mad that this metal bent so easily but then took a really good look at how this happened. MY FAULT! The only suggestion i have is to beef up that steel right on that curve since there is a large hole in it for the mount pin, i think that may help prevent this in the future. I don't abuse my equipment and this plow did have the full weight of a 6200 lb subruban on it for a moment...no wonder it bent.

If I could say one thing...consider a Snow Dogg for their customer service, years of experiance and their willingness to listen to a customer no matter how idiotic thier excuse for damage is.

Thanks so much for helping me out Scott....oh make the plug covers out of rubber the straps break in sub zero temps!