1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow dog for my 2009 f550 4x4?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Silverstreak, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i couldnt seem to find an application for my truck on the site, what would be my best bet to outfit this truck? i was thinking the 9', id like to keep it as a straight blade....the truck has central hydros

2. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

there is a mount for the F550 08-09 hd, ex,vx, cm up to 10ft
  3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

The F550 can generally handle just about anything (with proper ballast). A VX95, CM100 or EX90 would be proper applications.
  4. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

thanks guys! also...they crysteel guy who quoted me a price says that there isnt an application for central hydraulics, is that true? he said the best bet would be a boss minus the controller and pump....

but without that it costs just as much as a snow dogg, 4200
  5. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

It's up to the dealer - but you can easily remove our HPU and controller. But the dealer has to want those parts sitting on his shelf...

We had a central hyd version last year and we sold like 5, so we discontinued it.