1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Disposal in CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Zenman, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Zenman

Zenman Junior Member

Hi all, newbie question but I am sure most will be able to answer this. I need to truck snow out of Three commercial lots. I am having a hard time locating a place to remove the snow to. I am working between Norwalk CT to Branford CT. First time I need to look at doing this, so I am a little lost. I do not know anyone with enough land to allow me to truck it to so is there a place to dispose of snow legally? Thank you in advance, and I have been googling.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Try checking with trucking companies, etc in your area. Hauling snow & disposal is tough to do leagally at least in NY. Due to contamination issues (salt, motor oils, trash), I believe it must be dumped on a paved lot with runoff collection. This is for legal disposal (dumping). If you wanted to be sure check with state DEC. This is one reason why snow melters are gaining in popularity. Good luck.