1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflectors?...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mr.plow, Dec 14, 2005.

1. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

what everybody done for snow deflectors for the 810/8611 because of the wings. Did you go with the expensive blizzard one, or mount something your self? I need to do something for my 8611. Thanks

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Expensive ? Its only $190.00 installed, I always like to buy factory products. Otherwise you get something made for six different types of plows and then it does'nt fit right.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  3. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

I went with the blizzard one, I usually make my own setup, but that was for boss plows. I have to modify the blizzard setup to keep it down when I drive down the road.

4. MichiganPlowMan

MichiganPlowMan Junior Member

I've got the factory deflector also and same problem when driving down the road its blown high enough to block out most of the plow lights. Let us know what mod you make to keep yours down.
    payup

5. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

You can take a piece of steel about 36" x 4" and round off the corners and paint it. Pull off the center bolts, drill holes in the plate to match and rebolt it together with the steel on top. You could go wider and or longer if you want. I will probably make a new one longer, when I get a chance. It works great, just do not forget if you push something like a car or what ever you have a piece of steel in front of your blade.