1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflectors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04superduty, Jan 5, 2005.

1. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

today i saw a yellow plow with a curved snow deflector. instead of the typical rubber flat deflector, this one had one that was curved around to shoot the snow forward and down. not sure if it was made out of steel or plastic. Sort of like big county trucks front plow. anyone have one of these or know anything about them?
    well, im off to push more snow. payup

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have one on my 8' straight blade. It is made by fisher for a fisher plow, called a snowfoil. It works great.

3. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I can kind of see how that would help for smoothness of rolling. I have one of the (semi)stiff plastic ones by Western. I really like this one because it doesn't flap and most of all, no snow sticks to it like the rubber ones.

4. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

foil

i have the fisher steel sno-foil on my 8 ft fisher and i love it but i think it really shines when it comes to stacking the snow you can push a pile up like a bulldozer with no spill over .last year when we had snow ha !!! ha !!! on one bigger lot that i do the piles were about eight ft tall.......not to shabby...but i think fisher is the only one that makes the steel one not universal mount either

5. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

anything is univeral with a welder in hand. i have been trying to find one locally at a decent price and i was going to fab mounts to make it work with my meyer...i will get some pics posted as soon as i get one mounted :drinkup:

6. Warriorwon

Warriorwon Junior Member

A search on snow deflectors will bring you someone on the site that sells rubber deflectors and has pics.

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

:p :angel:

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You can get poly deflectors as well. they are stiff and light weight. Have one on my snoway. Hasn't broken, and helps immensly in stacking

9. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Dont buy the "plastic" one.....toooooo much curve & then when you stack it will break off at the bolt holes. I have one that was almost a complete 45degree curve...had to cut some off so that the heavier snow does not build up at the top of the blade.