1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflectors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DropPlow, Oct 20, 2004.

1. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

I found this site http://www.anchorrubber.com/specialty/specialty.html that has 3/8" thick by 12" wide strips @ $5.75/ft.

I'd still have to get a piece of steel to run the length of the blade and drill a boatload of holes.

Do you think it's worth it? Or should I break down and have one installed?

Debi

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I used 1/2in. conveyor belt. I had to drill holes but I saved a ton of money. :nod:

3. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Boss,
    Did you have to sandwich it with a piece of steel? Or did you just use washers? Thanks, Debi

4. The Boss

I just used flat washers.
    I just found this on ebay for you. Look at this.click here

5. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

I bid on it. If I get outbid I'll probably rig something. I don't have a line on conveyor belt material but I can probably find some around. Thank you for the link and advice. Debi

6. The Boss

I live on ebay so I'm going to give you a pointer/tip. I'll send it to you through a private message once their up and running. :waving:

7. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

'Preciate it! Debi

8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

9. The Boss

Sorry Nate, I forgot that you sold them! :drinkup: I always try to throw business your way with timbrens and I'll do the same with deflectors. :drinkup:

10. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Thanks Nate... I already bid on the one -but that looks real good, too. I'm still high bidder so time'll tell.

Ebay's the only bidding I know how to do! :eek:
    Debi

11. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

I attached it w/stainless steel hardware. It's not very attractive but I hope it'll work. Thanks for all the help! Debi

Cnv0005.jpg

12. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Looks good to me! :)

For all you guys looking for belting for deflectors, just go to your nearest rock quary and ask if they have any used belting. Rock quaries occasionally change out conveyor belts and there is always good peices that could be used for deflectors. The last chunk we got was 25' long and about 10" wide. The peices I get always look new and its free.

13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Looks like a fine job to me. Now I know what mine will look like. :waving:

14. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Jared, give me a call 419-351-9475 I got your deflectors returned to me today, thanks
    Nate~

15. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll try it out on the leaves in my yard :(