1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflectors?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mcdunn, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Mcdunn

Mcdunn Junior Member

This would be for the Plow in my sig. Do you guys think it would be worth me buying the snow deflector? I can get it at gotplowparts.com but i also thought that if it is just thick rubber i can probably find it around here locally? What are your thoughts?

Mike

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i think it depends what you plow and if you plow at higher speeds, if you plow driveways and small lots and never go over 10 mph you dont really need it because not much snow should come over your plow at those speeds. but if you plow large lots and get going decent speed then it wouldnt be a bad idea. the 3 that i have put on mine have just been pieces of old heavy duty conveyor belt material thats about 3/8" thick and worked well

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  3. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

Exactly what bob said, but Do a search on snow deflectors for more info. This topic has been beat to death.