1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi Guys. I have a question regarding my CP8 Meyer plow Snow Deflector. It's made of stiff plastic and has the name Meyer right on it. It is 7inches wide and it hangs down 5 inches from the top of the moldboard.
    When I'm plowing, the snow comes right over the plow and lands on my windshield making it very hard to see even with the windshield wipers on. On the other hand I also use a large dump truck with a 10 ft plow that has a larger home made deflector made out of a belting material and that gives me no problem at all. So what do you think? Is it the size of the deflector or what?

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Is the plow on the dump truck a poly ? If not you are comparing apples to oranges .

A poly plow , by nature of the poly blade, rolls snow off of it much faster than any steeel blade could ever hope to, which is the cause of some of the snow making it by the deflector.

I have a CP9 that has the same factory deflector , same thing happens when clearing snow at a higher rate of speed, I thought of making a wider deflector to compensate , but I have just grown accustomed to it .

TOM

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Well Z, Thank you for your response. I understand what you are talking about. I have to find some belting material burried in the snow and make a larger one for my CP8 and see it that helps. I can't get accustomed to not being able to see where I'm going. :) Thanks again