1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Joe Snow, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

How important do you feel having a snow deflector on your plow is in regard to your efficiency?

Do must of you run with one installed or is not having one no big whup?

Thanks in advance!:waving:
  2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Belated welcome to Plowsite. I am from Creston, IA if you know where that is but now reside in the KC area.

Having a rubber shield on your plow helps prevent snow blow back on your windshield. This is critical in the safety of plowing and prevents you from having to slow down. So I would say that it is big in the efficiency of plowing. I would say that about 90% of the plows we sell get a rubber or poly deflector on it.
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i agree its safer having one because you can see better without snow hitting the wind shield. Moving at speed on long stretches pushing light snow can create the "white out" effect as the snow blows back. Especially light snow.
    On the other hand not having snow hitting the windshield and the occasional white out takes some of the fun out of it. :D

If your not going very fast and plowing long stretches then i see no point in the deflector. (even though people that dont need them seem to buy them).
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. bribrius

Naaa. It was fine. Dont be a sissy boy.

Bye the way, were you drinking again while you were plowing?
    I saw no method to that whatsoever and i dont think you made a single straight run. You even weaved a couple times. :D

Maybe the music was the problem
  6. bribrius

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008