1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Chris-R, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I'll be getting a little 6'8" 22 series snow plow in a few weeks. I figure that a snow deflector would be a good thing to have. I saw the three piece plastic deflector and understand that there is a 1 piece plastic deflector too but I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a picture of the 1 piece plastic snow deflector? Thanks.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Here is a pic of a customer's plow with the 1 pc deflector. The wording on it was added by the owner of the plow.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I recommend the one piece on the 22 series, the extreme curl of the three piece can cause lifting and stacking problems. So much snow gets trapped under the deflector the cutting edge lifts of the ground.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

With the cost of everything going up he may have to change it to "Dollars from Heaven"!

5. garleness

garleness Member
    from ontario

What about a 9ft 32 poly plow, do you reccommend a deflector, They list a flat and an ez fit which is better if any

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The EZ Fit for sure. I ran one last winter on a 8'6" worked great. A real wiper motor saver.

7. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Tom, Thanks for the picture. I think I'll go with the one piece snow deflector. FYI, I set up an install date with Eric of Martin Tire in Worcester.

8. toby4492

Martin Tire is a great dealer. Say hi to Eric for me when you see him.

9. toby4492

Agree 100%