1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflector

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by green frog, Oct 21, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I put a 7.5ft western pro plow on my 95 F250 and wondered if putting a snow deflector on would help with the plow pushing air over the grill? What are the benefits of rubber vs. poly?

2. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

You will find that the deflector won't really assist in getting air into your grill. The deflector is basically to keep the snow from coming over the top of the plow and giving you a white wash while plowing. In regards to rubber or poly? I had a steel foil on my plow for a couple years and now have switched to rubber. There was no real difference between the two of them. I had issues with the sno-foil breaking and having to weld it. I don't have to do anything to the rubber one this year. If your concerned that your truck isn't getting enough air when going down the road, drive with your plow low to the ground (and for me) I have to have my blade at a 45 degree angle and I get the air I need to keep my truck from heating up.