1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Deflector

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chris-R, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I have an 8 foot straight blade with a trip edge. I want to get a snow deflector as I find myself plowing a fair amount of road and I'm tired of the snow ending up on my windshield. Does Boss make a poly snow deflector? If so, is it red or black? Does anyone have a picture? Thanks for the help.

2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

the boss poly one is black

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Boss poly is black, I have one on my plow. Search for my post called "Pics of BOSS plow wings" and you should be able to see it in the pics.:) Personally, go with the rubber deflector. Mine is starting to come through the bolt holes.

4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sounds like the poly ones don't hold up very well:realmad:
    I have the black rubber (belting) Boss deflector. I only know what Iv'e heard about the poly. The rubber deflector on my 99 Boss is still almost as good as new and I think they get better with a little age..