1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflector

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ghostrunner, Jan 11, 2004.

1. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Well I got a 1 foot by 10 foot piece of rubber. Now I don't know how to mount it onto my Fisher vplow.
    Do I have to drill holes in the plow? Should I cut the rubber into 2 pieces for the V?
    If I do drill holes will they start to rust?
    Any suggestions/pictures would be great.

2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

You can check in the pictures forum. I just made one for a 9' Boss that cost $15.00, and one for a Blizzard that cost about $30.00. Yes you will have to drill holes, just paint them so they do not rust. :cool:

3. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

pictures

Does any one have pictures of snow deflector on a vplow?
    I got the rubber and I am not sure how to cover the hinge area in the middle.

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Check boss's website, I believe that they use 1 piece. holes drilled through plow every 12" or so, and a piece of 1" flat stock metal on top with holes drilled in it too.

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

boss uses 2 pieces, one for each wing. There is a 1 inch piece of flat stock to hold it on the plow. there is a 16"x22" over the V part. if you need me to i will post pics tonight.

6. ghostrunner

ghostrunner Member
    from PA

Thanks

Thanks Superduty, Paponte and Matt.
    Install is finished. I used a piece of metal going all the way across the top(2 pieces). I then overlapped a big piece over the V section and just bolted it on. Total cost $35.00 for parts and labor...Rubber was free from the coal mines (old used conveyor belt)

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thats not bad at all price wise. glad i could help but wish i had know when i got my plow. ohh well.:D :D

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I used a 1/2 inch thick piece of conveyor belt that I got for free. I thought flat stock would look like s--- so I just used nuts, bolts, and large flat washers. Had to drill my own holes also. Total cost, about $6.00:waving: