1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow deflector???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by newhere, Dec 22, 2011.

1. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

does any one with a v-xt have a picture of how i do the snow deflector in the middle section?

In the straight position do i just wad it up in the middle so it can stretch out when it goes into v mode ?

2. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Here a few I snapped with cell phone, quality isn't the greatest, but you should be able to get locations. MUD

1223111623.jpg

1223111624.jpg

1223111624a.jpg

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

when I did mine the directions said to do it in the vee position and connect it to the center pin housing but when i put it in vee is tore out of there. Haven't even messed with it yet

4. newhere

from Fenton

thats exactly what i did! and when i went into scoop mode it tore it out.

5. newhere

from Fenton

thanks alot mud, im going to try it your way

6. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

dont even put anything in the middle. you dont need it. we made one for ours and its awesome.

[​IMG]

7. GA73

GA73 Member

what did you make it out of?

8. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Used conveyor belt we picked up from a local concrete plant, got a roll of about 100' for free, 17" wide

9. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

In all the years of installing the snow deflectors, we have found that the middle part is the toughest. we have found that only using one bolt that goes into the the hinge pin and using to on the outer corners and leaving them loose so that they are able to pivot. If you tighten them, it tears the rubber when you wing it out. Here are some pictures of how we do it.

IMAG0132.jpg

10. newhere

from Fenton

how about a pick on the back side?

i put one bolt on the hinge pin and it tore out.

11. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

mine is like the above photo, and not connected in the back, just 2 bolts in front. came like this and havent used it yet though, seems to stay in place just fine when I cycle the plow though

12. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

sorry, i tried to upload 2 photos, but couldnt do it. if you leave the two up front loose, your more likely not going to tear it out. its got to be able to pivot on them. plus, give it some flexibility, dont pull over the top too tight.

deflector.jpg

13. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

This is what it should look like in the scoop position. It should flex out with no problems.

scoop position.jpg